Apple crumble is an all time favorite. It is a quick, economical, and an easy dessert that can be served at any event or gathering. Made with ordinary ingredients such as apples, sugar, water, and oatmeal, it is healthy and delicious. The dish is said to be a close runner up to apple pie and many other traditional desserts. It makes an excellent combination with ice cream. This recipe is a must try for everyone.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup), cubed
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp water
Watch our cooking video:
- Peel apples and slice into quarters. Remove seeds and slice into cubes. Set aside in a bowl of water.
- Place apples into pot. Add sugar and water. Stir and cook over low heat for at least 5 – 7 minutes. Transfer into preferred baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and oatmeal. Place in sliced butter and mix using finger tips until resembles peas. Sprinkle sugar all over and mix until well combined.
- Spread crumble mixture over the apples in baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C degrees for at least 20 minutes.
- When the top is slightly browned, remove from oven. Serve or chill. Enjoy!
Add to favorites