Beef with Broccoli
Although beef with broccoli is an authentic Chinese stir fry recipe, it is often served as a main dish in the Philippines and many countries throughout the wold. Its unique blend of various spices and vegetables combined with the process of marination gives it an incredibly delicious taste.This is one of my personal favorites due to its distinct taste which is relatively difficult to describe. If I had to put my finger on it, I would have to say it is the unique blend of soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil.
- 1/2 kilo beef cut in thinly strips
- 1 small head broccoli, cut in pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water
- cooking oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp rice wine or cooking wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- drop of sesame oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, cooking wine, cornstarch, and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok. Pan fry marinated beef until outer parts turn light brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add in cooking oil. Saute garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Put the beef back in and add the blanched broccoli. Stir for a few minutes. Pour in sauce and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, add in diluted cornstarch. Stir until sauce thickened. Turn off heat. Enjoy!
Add to favorites