Chicken Asado (Asadong Manok)
Chicken asado is a Filipino chicken stew and differs from pork and beef asado due to the use of tomato sauce. It is a flavorful dish that is often served at fiestas and birthday parties and is excellent served with steamed rice.
- 1/2 kilo chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. butter or cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
Watch our cooking video:
- Add butter in a preheated pan. Pan fry chicken until outer parts turn light brown and set aside.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Pour in tomato sauce. Season with soy sauce, lemon juice, and add bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Add the pan fried chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer over low heat until chicken is tender.
- When chicken is tender, turn off heat.
- Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Add to favorites