Fish Sarciado (Sarciadong Isda)
Sarciadong isda is an old Filipino recipe and one the famous lunch of the family . It is very popular among mothers in the Philippines due to its simple preparation and availability of ingredients. The process merely involved frying the fish in a combination of tomatoes and beaten eggs. The type of fish is optional. You can use any type of fish such as tilapia, galungong, dalagang bukid, maya maya etc. I’m sure your mother knows what’s best fish for this dish. Everybody grew up with sarciadong isda. As this dish is easy, simple, and delicious.
- 1-2 medium size fish (any kind)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
Watch our cooking video:
- Wash and clean the fish. Make a slit on both sides and rub salt around.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and fry fish until brown. Set aside.
- In same pan saute onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Pour water and season with fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- After a boil, add the beaten eggs and simmer until eggs cooked.
- Place the fried fish back in the mixture and pour the sauce over.
- Let fish sit for 3-5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!