Pinatisang Manok (Chicken Soup with Fish Sauce)
Pinatisang manok is chicken spiced with fish sauce. It is similar to Tinolang or nilagang manok. The only difference is the use of spinach instead of papaya or chayote. Pinatisan means season with fish sauce in English. As fish sauce is very essential in Filipino kitchen. We use fish sauce in every food and usually as dipping sauce. This dish is easy to prepare, delicious and makes a terrific everyday meal for the whole family.
- 1/2 kilo chicken any parts
- 1 bundle spinach
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 2 small potatoes, quartered
- fish sauce to taste
- pepper to taste
- water enough to cover the chicken
- cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Place in chicken and stir until light brown. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, place in the potatoes. Simmer for a few minutes until tender.
- When potatoes are tender, soak the spinach well for a few minutes until cooked. Turn off heat and serve hot.
Add to favorites